11.25.2010

Destination Reached!

I have finally arrived in Thailand!

The whole trip here I have been writing in a journal. A good way to document my trip to remember every detail. So when I find time to write on my blog it will mostly contain excrepts from my journal.

Flight #1: It was uneventful, other than being delayed out of Regina by about 45 minutes. Flying over the mountains was the best, as I love them so much.

Flight #2: This was the 13 hour flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong. Terrible! It was a really long time to be cooped up in a plane. It was very hard to sleep, especially with hundreds of other people doing their own thing. I watched a few movies, some tv shows (CSI) and discovered that I like Rascal Flatts.

Flight #3: Another uneventful flight. It took us to Bangkok, where we had to stay for 6 hours until our flight to Phuket was scheduled.

And then we finally arrived. It was around noon this morning (25th) when we arrived in Phuket. We then took a minibus to Patong Beach where we are staying in a hostel for two nights. The time change has been very hard to get a grip on, but its getting easier. I am very excited to get some real sleep tonight.

Today, Kayla and I walked around the town and did a little shopping. We planned the next two days agenda, and went to see a Muay Thai Boxing fight night. Super cool! We watched a guy from Edmonton in his first fight. He lost, but still put up a good battle.

I have used up my time on the computer and it's getting late here. Big day tomorrow, must get some sleep.

Much love,

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!!! can't wait to hear all about it!! AnteeJ

    ReplyDelete