12.02.2012

Home Sweet Home

We are now in Mae Sot. And it feels so much like home. I didn't realize how much I needed to come here. As soon as we pull onto a road I know where we are going. I know this place now. I love it here. It just confirms how much I need to make this trip a regular occurance in my life. The only way I can really explain it is that it is so good for my soul.

One of the things we did today was walk through a migrant village. It hit home with me, once again. We have so much, and these people have so little. The contrast is stark. And I will admit,the lines had started to blur after being away so long. It is day one and already I am so emotional. The kids are so amazing. I want to take them all home.

We also took a quick tour of Global Neighbors farm. So much has changed in two years. They have built three new building on their land, which are dedicated to the teacher prepardness centre. This is a place where young adults can prepare themselves to become teachers. The TPC allows people to receive the proper training needed to be successul.

We got to see the Safe House site too. Our building, the one we raised money for, is going to be the kitchen and laundry area. There will also be dorms built and more. The skeleton of our building has been finished up until now
We will most likely be working on the roof and infill walls.

The garden has been started as well. The soil has been laid and levelled. The gazebo has also been built, with a rock path leading up to it. The gazebo is huge and so much more beautiful than I imagined it could be. As I walked up to it, I couldn't hold back the tears. It is already so much more than I expected it to be. I am so thankful that Global Neighbors has given me the opportunity to dedicate these gardens to Morgan. The emotions today have been overwhelming.

Much love,
Kacey

4 comments:

  1. Thats awesome! I didn't realize the garden & gazebo would be almost finished already. Those emotions for Morgan will help you to heal even more my Girl! Post some pics whenever you can.xoxoxo from Home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to cry at the "so much more beautiful than I imagined.." for the gazebo and garden for Morgan. I can't wait to see pictures. This is a great thing, Kacey - you should be proud. I know I'm proud of you, and you continue to inspire me. :) Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops forgot to post from aunty ray

    ReplyDelete