12.06.2010

Phase Two

I have now made it to Mae Sot, and am with the entire group.

We have had a crazy couple of days that I don't think will be slowing down any time soon, but that is quite alright with me. I want to do all that I can do while I am here. I can sleep over the holidays!

To summerize:

Phase one of my trip ( the holiday part ) was absolutely fabulous and stunning! I was able to see so many things and I enjoyed it all. Of course rock climbing makes it to the top of my list, along with Phi Phi. I really enjoyed the vibe and lifestyle of the people there.

In Mae Sot we have visited Hsa Thoo Lei School and Orphanage. This is also where we will be teaching our computer and program skills to, starting tomorrow. We were able to see the school we will be working on, as well. Hlee Bee School. The group who is not teaching tomorrow (me) will be working on this school. Today we did our first distribution of relief supplies, too. This happened at Ah Yone Oo School, and was very moving for everyone. It was so good to give back to those who need it desperately. Their smiles and thank yous warmed the heart.

There are many more experience to come, and everyday I wake up excited for the day. The days are long and tiring, no doubt about it. But so worth it.

With love,

2 comments:

  1. Wow hey? So many people who live with almost nothing! It's so great you are there making a difference in their lives even if it's just for a short time! Don't forget to tell them they are beautiful in their coloured skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome kacey, I can't wait for that experience for our group going in february. take it all in and make a difference in these childrens lives. way to go!

    aunty ray

    ReplyDelete